Lately I’ve been doing more than just drawing. I’ve been knitting and sewing, too. I have one commission I am working on, and that’ll be done this week!
Last year I hastily made a rat costume for our ‘Run for the Cure’ team. The mask is in desperate need of being redone (I made it in 2 days while I had the flu and it shows), so for halloween I decided to take a different twist on the Lab Rat, as I am a lab rat IRL now.
I decided I would make a hat instead of a full face mask so I can actually breathe in the costume and wear it to the lab on Monday. It consists of a simple hood-hat (Click for the pattern) and the tail I made last year. I repurposed the ears from the mask that needs to be redone, and sculpted a nosepiece out of model magic.
It was really fun to make. I handsewed the hat and the tail was also hand sewed. I am thinking of making more of these, but I don’t know what I’d do with them. Maybe auction them off or something. Unlike the hat in the pattern I linked, I added a snap under the chin so the hat is more of a hood-mask.
I have also been knitting. Here is a cowl I knit up!