Lab tech by day – artist by night, Amy is like a superhero with amazing powers (Looks good in hats!) and a secret identity, complete with lab coat and glasses.
She’s produced cartoons and artwork for the Official Star Wars Kids magazine, Starwars.com, Star Wars Insider, a few comics in publications by Radio Comix and sketch cards for Topps, Cryptozioic, Perna Studios and Strictly Ink. When not drawing stuff for other people, she draws really cute stuff like polar bears. And her brother riding fluffy unicorns.
In non artsy but equally awesome news, Amy loves volunteering with kids, including hosting ‘How to Draw’ sessions at various conventions and a brief, but fulfilling, stint as a Girl Guide leader that earned her the nickname of ‘Crafty Kitty’.
She loves having the opportunity to be a good role model for kids.While she doesn’t have any kids, she has two cats named Ichabod and Poppy and a gaggle of nieces plus one nephew. Everyone in Amy’s family shares the same favourite My Little Pony – Applejack.
Where is Amy nowadays? Still in Canada. Because Canada is awesome.
Connect with me at the following places
I want to come to your Convention!
I’m available for one or two cons a year, time permitting. if you’d like to add me to your roster (especially if it includes teaching kids how to draw or make awesome crafts), contact me.
A brief and incomplete list of my professional/other awesome work
- Wonder Woman Day 2 and 3 paintings
- Artwork for the Quick Draw fundraiser for the Penticton Art Gallery 2008 and 2009
- Star Wars Insider #92 ‘How to Draw Admiral Ackbar’
- Star Wars Kids Magazine #5, #8
- Scholastic Star Wars Kids Magazine #4 & #8
- Starwars.com kids features including How to Draw and Maskmaking
- Sketch cards for Topps, Cryptozioc, Perna Studios & Strictly Ink
- A ton of independent pro illustration, graphic design & web work (Portfolio available on request)